Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm a LIST kind of girl!

10 Things I miss about my past life in America:

1. High water pressure

2. Light SWITCHES

3. Fairly priced cosmetics ($5 vs. $27 eye shadow)

4. Straightening my hair

5. Hot and cold in the same faucet

6. Tampons with applicators

7. BRITA water filters! (the water here is gross!)

8. Google results that make sense

9. Using electronics without a converter

10. Showering more than twice a week :)


So, please enjoy these luxeries that are easy to take for granted...

13 Random Insights about living in NZ/camping:

You really can live off the land

It’s a lot easier to resist nail biting when they’re dirty

Hydrate or DIE

Headlamps ROCK! (I’ll never go back to flashlights, ever!)

Splash guards on Nalgenes prevent wet shirts

Waterproof mascara saves lives.

Showering with shoes STINKS!

If you’re touring NZ, go on test-drives beforehand. Up and down WINDY roads!

I love citrus in the morning

Toe strap Chacos are just the BEST

Journals fill up quickly

Get used to never looking in a mirror.

You can, in fact, feel mosquitoes bite.



Top 7 Reasons its great to be sunburnt:

You have an excuse not to change your clothes

You don’t get yelled at for using all the hot water

You know relief is coming in a few days

You’re never cold when you sleep because your body radiates heat

You gain an appreciation for healthy skin

You will be tan soon!

You feel no guilt for sleeping in silk

Don’t you wish you could be sunburnt like I was???

6 comments:

Julie T said...

Dear Pollyanna,

I'm "happy" as I am, thank you!
Love, Snow White

Heather said...

Tempting, but no. Gentlemen . . . meet Lug.

Noelle said...

Thanks for helping me more grateful for things like hot and cold water in the same faucet. So are you saying you've finally given up nail biting for good?

I'm so glad you have converted to headlamps.

have fun being "hard-core"

Marcindra LaPriel said...

I love lists

Alison Spencer said...

Amen to pretty much everything but especially--HEADLAMPS!!! Goodbye flashlights!!

Anonymous said...

The only trouble with getting a nice tan, after suffering the burn, a little comes of with each shower. After a couple of weeks it is all gone. Took me years to catch on to that.