Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cow Chasing :)


Cow chasing is a very fun game. I don't think cows necessarily like humans, so they run away. Cows come in many color varieties: The classic black and white, tan, brown and tan, brown and white, black and brown, all white, and even ALL BLACK! When you walk through a pasture, they kind of stay put unless they feel threatened. When you sneak up on cows, they can always sense your presence and they flee all at once. I have found the most success comes from charging a lone cow from behind. That gives you a little more time to approach before it starts running and there aren't other cows to clue in the victim. It you have any chance of catching, or even petting a cow, you're best bet is to run straight for it as fast as possible. I speak from experience :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

What do you do when you catch it? Give it a piece of hard-earned beef jerky? Sick, that would be like cannibalism...

Julie T said...

Why would you want to even pet a cow??? And as for all blacks (ha ha), no one has ever proven to me that they exist...

Noelle said...

Black Cow!!! I want some beef jerky.

NatalieD said...

I LOVE cows, and I'm waiting for you to post a picture of you milking one.

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Sheep are hard too.

I love you!

Thank you for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Haha! I just about died reading this- then I made Jeremy read it

He is studying the chest size of Scottish militiamen in stats right now. those were the good days...

glad you're having a blast! brace yourself for some big news in the near future!!

Anonymous said...

Were you a bull fighter in a previous life. You have so much know how about approaching a cow.
WOW!!!!!!!!!