Tuesday, February 26, 2008

FAMILY TIES

After catching up on a friends' blog, I am motivated to do a little thanking of my own. Although I haven't spoken with any of you for almost 2 months, I still feel so close to you. I want to do a mini-spotlight on each of you to remind you of what you already know:
Mom and Dad- I have the greatest parents on earth! Throughout my entire life, I have never doubted your love for me. As I get older, I reflect more on the principles you used in parenting and your examples of love and leadership. I get so excited thinking about my future opportunity to parent Heavenly Father's children as I know I will rely on your example as a guide post. Regardless of my personal choices and situations I get myself into, I have always known that you love me and will support me. I always want to make decisions that will make you proud! Dad, your goal setting habit and attention to people and relationships has helped me decide and become the person I want to be. Mom, your energy for life and confidence in yourself inspires me to embrace my own passions!


Rick- You make me want to be my best, smartest self! You suck stress out of situations and take the blame for anything :) I love how follow your dreams. I love how you teach your children the scriptures. I love how you use your talents to help other people (in being a doctor). I love how you sing karaoke. I love how you never care what other people think! I love how your calling is a priority. I love how you never complain. I love how you treat my sister like a queen!

Heather- Where do I start? We have so many fun memories together! Being so far apart in age, we have really had several stages in our relationship. I remember just wanting to share a room with you SO badly, and looking forward to our Sunday pow-wows where we traded of sneaking treats and choosing games. Then you left the house and I turned into a faucet for about a year. I lived vicariously through your adventures and felt so cool to be related to you. Those feelings never changed, but recently I admire your ability to spice up any social function, and reach out to people who are less involved. Whenever I notice someone in my life who seems friendless, I try to think of how you would handle the situation. I LOVE you and I LOVE your family!


Tanner- I love spending time with you because you say things as they are. You love to learn and you know how to have fun!


Sienna- You are always looking to please! I have a lot to learn from your tender heart and desire to serve.


Shannon- I love Shannon because she poses for crazy photo shoots and lets her siblings "play" with her. Shannon has done a great job pushing through the pain of teething and learning to crawl. Yay!

Bryan- What an incredible brother! I love how you pull people out of their shells and get to know the real person. No wonder you were such a great EFY counselor! You are so sensitive to other people's needs and do what you can to make others happy. I can always count on you to slide the block of cheese through the checkout counter or make a meal out of myseterious leftover cans. I wish I could have my own way of doing things like you do. China wouldn't have been the same without you... :)

Phil- I am so happy my sister has found someone she loves so much! You are ready for an adventure and constantly seeking opportunities to serve. You are so humble and meek- very respectable characteristics if you ask me! You have such a desire to do what is right and will do whatever it takes.
Noelle- You have been my best friend for who knows how long? I have always wanted to just be you! I admire you for the values you posess and the righteous life you lead. You know how to make living the gospel fun! I love your pizazz and creativity! You make the best of situations gone wrong and do a great job of intentionally planning fun times. I love your organization and your spontenaity. You have what I consider to be the perfect balance! You understand me and you know how to tease me. I love that we share so many favorite hobbies and love doing crafts! You do a great job in the kitchen SSSN :)


And what would I do without Beegee??? You have always been my biggest fan! You are so witty, creative and kind! You encourage me to be my best self and never sweat the small stuff. I can tell you love me because you get SO excited when I call and you always want to know what is going on in my life. You care about me so much and I know you are always wanting the best for me. You are such a positive, charitable person! I hope I can be just like you someday!!!

I love you guys and I'm so grateful that even a giant ocean can't seperate us!!! I definitely sense the pysical distance between us, but I feel our friendship as I reflect on the fun memories we have together and remember what makes each of you my examples and my friends. I feel strength as our family builds loving, uplifting relationships, observes our covenants and duties, takes personal responsibility to do good, and develops the skills to accomplish our goals in becoming an eternal family!!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Stef, that was such a wonderful post. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us all know how you feel. I'm glad that an ocean isn't too far to separate us as well. I miss you but know you're in the very best place, making every moment count. I have a lot to learn from you as well.

Love you!

Noelle said...

Stef,
That was very sweet. I really enjoyed reading that and your true feelings toward each of us. I love you a ton and am so glad we're sisters. Just remember there "ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, and no OCEAN wide enough..." to keep us apart. Love ya!

Julie T said...

Just got home from work to find this treasure waiting! We are very blessed as a family because I think at this point we all realize just how much each and every one loves the other and that we would literally do anything we could for any family member. My constant goal as you were growing up was for you all to be best friends and to know you could rely on that fact. And it gives me great joy that we look forward to spending time together so much and always have so much fun! But my greatest joy is that you have embraced the gospel and chosen to consecrate your lives to the service of others. That is a guarantee that no matter what crosses your paths, you will always be able to be happy. I love you so much!

Anonymous said...

I wrote a big long letter raving about your tributes to all of your family. I just opened up the blog again to read it once more and my letter thanking you was kaput, gone, disappeared. Very upsetting.
But the jist of it was to thank you for expressing such love for all of us. You stated each one so perfectly. Guess you got that from me too. JK

gwt said...

Stefanie, a smash hit post!! You really outdid yourself with such genuine and loving expressions personalized to each member of the family. I guess it is a cyber-spotlight. I love you for your enthusiam, love of people and willingness to do the hard things in service not just the convenient. You can really tell how incredibly important the family is to you and I hope I can live up to the high praise you showered my way. I love your soft side as well and the fact that you are finding its voice in your expression of love to all. Enjoy the tramp!! Love, Dad

Phil said...

Stef,
That was such a kind post. I felt you were so sincere and it made me feel great. I hope you are enjoying the beach. Bungie jumping sounded incredible. Take lots of pictures! I love you.
Phil

Marcindra LaPriel said...

I'm basically sure I want to come visit your family. I feel a Seattle road trip coming on!

Anonymous said...

stef, you can be my BFF. FWIW that was one of the coolest posts I've ever read. I hardly have time to check Heather's blog; thankfully she pointed this entry out to me. Say hi to the Maoris for me.

Hermana Whitehead said...

Stefanie,
You are the best. What a sincere, sweet, kind blog. You are an important part of a very wonderful family.