Sunday, February 17, 2008

HIGH Ropes Course



Little did I know, this ropes course was GREAT prep for my bungy jump! It looked really intimidating at first, but once I got up onto the tight ropes and trapezes, I just felt right in my comfort zone. I think being in my comfort zone = being out of it! Does that make sense? Well anyway, the first two were tight ropes you had to balance on and then swing down. Pictured below is the pole/trapeze challenge. We had to climb this tall, tall pole and then jump off and try to grap the pole. I was so proud- I got it on my first try! Then I just flailed my legs around before I let go. It was sometimes hard to trust the belayers below...
This was the "vertical playground." We had to follow our ropes in and out of the tires and over wires and everything. There were poles and unstable things and chains to help us up. But really, you had to work with your partner in order to get both of you up. We stepped on each others femers and backs to get through the holes and reach the ball at the top. This one took a LOT of arm strength!

This ladder one FREAKED me out! Now that I think about it, I hated it. It was so scary to run across these uneven wood slats about 70ft. in the air. They were so far apart, and even if you made it, they wouldn't for sure hold you up. You can't see it in this pic, but there is a part that is just cord- no slats where I had to crawl along. It was just terrible.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! That all looks so dangerous, but leave it to you to do it all. I can't help but wonder how I would do on those contraptions. Especially the slat bridge. Guess I'd be an angel by now if I tried any of those things.
Bouquets to you Stefanie from me.

Noelle said...

That does look super scary/dangerous. I'm just glad it's you and not me. You know what the slat bridge reminds me of? The most extreme challenge show with all those asians in it. I'm glad you didn't die while bungee jumping!

Julie T said...

How many of the group fell into the nets while trying to catch the bar or cross a wobbly cord? I think I would have loved that when I was younger, but it no longer holds any appeal for me now. Heather would have had a heart attack up there! Good thing her kids are hanging onto her pant legs-no danger of any high rise hysterics!

Marcindra LaPriel said...

You're an animal!

NatalieD said...

Your experience gives new meaning to the song "Walking in the Air."