Wednesday, February 6, 2008

12,404 km away from HOME!




Yes, that's right. It's a whole 12,404 km's to Seattle. The Invercargill branch is the world's most southern Starbucks! Can you believe it? I guess there is no Starbucks on Stewart Island :) Ali and I went to the coffee shop in search of free wifi internet, but ended up reading/sleeping instead. The locals thought we were crazy for taking pictures there, but we were glad to capture the memories of an afternoon at the brewery. I'm enjoying my Christmas present, Catch Me If You Can by Frank Abignale himself, and Ali's pleasure reading is the second book in the Twilight series: New Moon. Once class gets out we have some time in the afternoon to kind of kick around before tea time at 7. Once we get more settled here, I'll be doing volunteer work here in town and have no more time for an afternoon at Starbucks. I'm sure enjoying it while it lasts though!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Those which way signs sure are popular. Can't wait to see what you do for volunteer work!

Noelle said...

So did you find free wifi? They had it at the Starbucks in Hong Kong. Oh and I think breweries brew something other than coffee...I could be wrong. enjoy your book!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture under the sign.
looks like a most happy girl, which I am sure you are.

Macsen said...

You look SO special ed with your "dentures" in. I LOVE it!