Saturday, January 26, 2008

Living The Dream!

I'd like to give a shout out to Noelle who has graciously been posting my emails on my blog this last 2 weeks.  With only a few minutes on the computer at a time, I haven't been able to really post sufficiently, so thanks Noelle for doing that!  Dispersed in the post are some recent pictures:

I AM HERE!  I'M LIVING THE DREAM!  Ali and I spent the afternoon/evening getting to know our homestay host: Mags.  She is just the BEST!  I have so much to tell about her!  But, I guess the bottom line is that she is so excited to have us here and she treats us as such!  She insisted on getting us the quality juice when we asked for whatever was on sale.  She is so talkative and tells stories with her hands.  She never lies, but prides herself in being "clever."  We eat on china and drink from crystal every meal, but never handwash :)  Mags hates ironing, and loves knitting, cats, and card-making :)  Her husband, who she loves soooo much, just died about 2 months ago.  She wasn't planning to take more students right now, but she loves the BYU group the very most and is excited to cook for more than just one person and have other people in the house with her.  Ali and I are sharing a room with 2 desks and 2 dressers :)  We just couldn't have it any better.  

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Yeah, it sounds like pretty much the perfect set up for you. I can't believe she likes knitting, card-making, tea and chatting. (Oh, and cats.) You have it good.....

We can't wait to hear more about your adventures! Love you!

Julie T said...

Once again, my prayers have really paid off! That will make a huge difference in your experience down south and I'll bet you two were handpicked for her! Thanks for getting right on the blog thing and email and hugs to Ali and to Mags!

NatalieD said...

My dad would say, "Sounds like you have a 'magsnificent' hostess!" I am very happy for you.

Anonymous said...

As long as she likes cats, she can't be all bad. Seriously, it sure sounds like you lucked out.
It is so much fun to hear about your adventures. We are all hungry for more news.

Love, BeeGee