Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hard Corifying

I am here in an internet cafe in Taupo, NZ. A group went to the beach/lakefront, but i am WAY WAY WAY too burnt to face the sun. It's just getting worse. I bought a $2.50 value sunscreen for 21.90 yesterday. it about KILLED me, but i had to do it. I am on the verge of heat exhaustion and just can barely walk, let alone carry a backpack. But regardless, we are still having a great time.

5-6 of our groupies are sick and it's traveling through camp. So far i am cold free : ) I have found one condition that keeps me from a stone cold sleep though: sunburn. It is so painful and my face has peeled so much it is bleeding in about 5 spots. It HURTS! Sorry to be telling all the downer parts.

It is so sunny and beautiful! we are staying at a thermal resort holiday park tonight, so there are even great warm/cold natural pools to go in. The town is so quaint and cute- only one problem: all the shops close by 4pm. Hence, we are here at the internet cafe's happy hour :) It only costs NZ$2 for 30 min! Well, i have 3 minutes left, but i just wanted to let you know that all is going very very well, and i am still loving life! Laundry sounds so appealing, and a shoeless shower even more! I guess this experience is simply "hard corifying" me :)

All the boys love this stuff, and I'm surprised and proud of how well the girls are handling it :) Fajitas for dinner tonight and bagels and fruit for breakfast in the morning. I am in tomorrow's cooking group.

Thanks Noelle for posting these, and please send me an email and have mom too about what's going on with you guys, tell me about your mac! I love the post responses, but want an update on you too! Love YOU!

Stef

4 comments:

NatalieD said...

Try to find some aloe vera gel for your sunburn. Your face will thank you.

Julie T said...

Oh, Stef-that sounds just awful, and being the champ at getting sunburned, I know how just being in the heat even out of the sun can be excruciatingly painful! Dothers burn too? Why is sunscreen SO expensive? I hope it's over #20 or it won't do any good. Glad you're getting all your hard core experience now-you won't ever need any more after this! :) I'll email later today!

Anonymous said...

Oh Stefanie, I am so so sorry. I know how painful a bad sunburn can be and I feel for you having to go through such an ordeal. The good news is that you are probably over the worst of it by now. I hope so.

Love, BeeGee

Heather said...

Here's to no colds - you are quite resilient. Have you found Tanner's NZ gift he stashed in your purse for you to find upon arrival?