Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm HERE!

I am finally HERE! This has been one amazing few days! I only have a few minutes, and no pictures uploaded to a computer yet, but I'll just summarize what’s up so far. Get excited for some AMAZING flight stories... I have 3 :)

The guy I sat by from LAX to Auckland was far and away the best though. A drunk, drugged gay from Christchurch who now lives in New York. I witnessed him take 12 sleeping pills and saw his bag of other medications. He drank 8 glasses of scotch (which STUNK!) (and, what flight attendant even does that?) and then fell asleep with one between his legs. Well, during his sleep, his leg shifted and the entire glass of scotch went down the back of my pants, soaking my underwear and making me smell like an alcoholic until my shower over 48 hours later. If that's not LAME I don't know what is. The worst part was when he described in detail his first kiss with his partner. I guess it’s exposing me to a little culture. Regardless, he was a character.


Oh, it was kind of a thrill getting to the complete opposite terminal with (literally) 2 fifty pound rolling bags, a huge duffel and a backpack (and a moshi) by myself. Yeah, more stories there. But now I am here!

3 comments:

gwt said...

Oh, heavens! Well since your seatmate gave you something you would not normally seek after or even look at, I hope you at least showered him with a Book of Mormon!
Can't wait to hear about the zorbing! Did you sleep on the plane? Hi to Ali!

NatalieD said...

Too bad you didn't have a bottle of Ipecac syrup with you. You could have "enhanced" your seat mate's drink while he wasn't looking.

Heather said...

bummer about the stink with limited shower abilities. Hope your flight back is more like Singapore Air.