Saturday, March 15, 2008

I LOVE.


I love vanilla mint Crest toothpaste.  I love nailing a jump rope routine on stage. I love wearing North Face clothing. I love scratching backs at church.  I love the first few strokes of a new oil painting.  I love feeling invincible after accomplishing something hard.  I love chatting about things that don’t even matter.  I love Thai and Indian food.  I love home theaters.  I love playing with kittens.  I love French braiding. I love reaching the peak of a mountain.  I love popping around corners to scare people.  I love long car rides.  I love spending all day and all night scrapbooking.  I love eating like a Queen over a bunson burner.  I love watching things expand in water.  I love doing things I am good at.  I love screaming as waves crash over me.  I love being cultured.  I love going out to dinner in the city.  I love hailing cabs.  I love doing things that are not required of me.  I love living with “the locals” in foreign countries.  I love winning.  I love a complete set of colored highlighters.  I love glass shower doors.  I love living near an IKEA.  I love eating bananas with hazelnut spread.  I love reading my scriptures on temple grounds.  I love solving miscommunications.  I love flipping upside down.  I love sneak previews.   I love putting my head between my legs to blow dry my hair.  I love doing science projects.  I love eating saltine crackers in bed.  I love finishing a large set of push ups.  I love shopping with a purpose.  I love talking with insecure people.  I love tying knots.  I love creamy ice cream- no matter the flavor.  I love fabric.  I love nice cameras.  I love long hugs.  I love the color green.  I love dressing up in costumes when I quilt.  I love conference calling.  I love flaring my nostrils to intimidate people.  I love sorting photos.  I love grosgrain ribbon.  I love having ambitions.  I love eating the same thing for breakfast every morning.  I love long-sleeve t-shirts.  I love playing competitive games.  I love talking to famous people like we’re old pals. 

6 comments:

Bryan Tanner said...

I love your post Stef. I think I remember you working on something like this while you were in Monticello. Are you going to use this for a writing sample?

My favorite entry was the last one. Did Kenny G have anything to do with that?

Julie T said...

(Actually, I think it may have been Jim Brickman Stef had in mind...)

I love that you know how to spell grosgrain ribbon! And I love you!

Noelle said...

what, do you mean it's not gross grain? Just kiddin. I liked this post too. Stef, I think you've changed a bit since you've been on your study abroad because some of these things I've never heard of! I'm glad to hear you love being cultured!

Julie T said...

BTW, I finally found some Vanilla Mint Crest in a sample pack in my bathroom which I'm saving for my first night in NZ. Couldn't find that flavor at Fred Meyer, QFC or Safeway! Can't wait!

NatalieD said...

You didn't mention loving New Zealand--do you?

Anonymous said...

That was fun reading all about the things you love. Some I knew, some were a surprise. Like, "You love to win." Well duh..........
That's a surprise. (JK)