Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fun Fun Fun!

So it's been a long time since a blog post.  My bad.  I have no excuse, I'm not going to lie.  I think it's at this point of the study abroad (kind of in the middle) where I am sort of taking for granted my time here.  The THRILL of being here has worn off and I'm not cherishing the "last" time of my activities.  There is about a month to go, and I'm getting jazzed up for the fun to come.  I have so much fun playing with pictures and reflecting on the great things I've done so far... I need to live in the present and take every opportunity possible!  With this new resolution, I will be attending ward volleyball tonight :)  It gets kind of tricky because that overlaps with Mags' tea.  


I volunteered at the school today- that is going really well.  The kids get SO excited when the "American girls" come and were following me around with shirts and school books to autograph today.  They were pretty bad jumpers for the most part, but their accents and uniforms just make them so cute :)  It's a good thing I'm not a teacher because I definitely pick favorites... I told the teacher of my class, Mr. Goodsir a bit about the gospel and what we believe.  Today is Mary's (the facilitator) 20th birthday so we threw 20 bags of assorted treats at her during class.  I think Mark was a little annoyed :)  
This picture is from the other week when we biked to Oreti beach after school.  We weren't in togs (swim suits) but I took the liberty of "doing" Tyler's hair with wet sand and shoving some down his back :)  The fun just escalated from there!  I started writing a letter to Matt, and then my friends got a look at what I was doing... before I knew it, they'd all written about a paragraph and drawn pictures all over!  Boy is Matt going to get a fun letter!  Anyway, enough of my random goings-on.  Love ya!

5 comments:

Julie T said...

Lots and lots of fun! Nothing like a good mud/sand fight! I'm glad I didn't complain about "one whole week without a post!" and you said to check every day! You're smart to realize that it's easy to take the days for granted now and you just can't because it's going to start disappearing very fast! My bags are half-packed!

Heather said...

Yes, Matt will LOVE it. Glad you're getting such awesome pictures. It will help remind you of the plethora of cool experiences you had while living down under!

Noelle said...

I love the sand fight picture. Good times. I really really wish I were down there right now! It's so snowy and cold up here and you're having all sorts of fun adventures!

Anonymous said...

Every day I look at least once to see if there is anything from you, but at last today there was a lot.
You are so right to live in the present. I just went to a lecture on that this morning and the man that spoke kept emphasizing "Live in the Now." So you are a smart girl. Keep it up.

Phil said...

thanks for the reminder to treasure everyday and quit wishing for the future. Your pictures are great and I am totally jealous. thanks for the updates. Phil